Saturday, June 14, 2008

How it all began

I was so curious to find out how the SISBOOM launch got it's beginnnings I asked Heather of Adiago Bleu studios what the particulars were and this was her response.

Shelly asked me to write up a little blurb about how the Sis Boom Celebration came to be so I happily obliged!

Back in November of 2007, I was writing a series of articles for the Adagio Bleu Blog with a focus on textile designing. In the series of stories, I did interviews with Jennifer Paganelli and Joel Dewberry. You can read the original interview with Jennifer HERE.

The thing that most impresses me about Jennifer is her humble attitude and gratefulness. She has been so appreciative and she is so down to earth. A friend of mine was able to meet her at quilt market in Portland in May and said the same thing about Jennifer. She's always been easy to reach and cooperative to work with. The thing that I adore about her fabrics are the way she incorporates color, none of her lines are drab by any means, I think of Sis Boom and I think BOLD colors and prints.

During the course of our email exchanges I was honored as I got to know Jennifer and we stayed in touch through emails and blogging in the months following the interview.

When she told me about her new line of fabrics (bell bottoms) I asked if she would be interested in doing a launch showcasing her fabrics. So many people I know just adore her fabric lines (carried by free spirit) and although I don't sew, I know excellent quality and beauty when I see it!

Rather than just focusing on the new line of fabrics, I thought it would be fun to celebrate all of her fabric lines, and that we did. Jennifer and I talked about her actually participating in the launch and she jumped at the chance, she had a beautiful dress she designed from the Mod Girls line and sent it to me and told me to donate whatever it brought at auction to charity. It was then that I introduced her to my favorite charity, The Wounded Warrior Project. Jennifer loved the idea and even came and joined us on the guest board to say hello and thank everyone.
The auction is still running and you can view it here by clicking on the picture





Every cent goes to the wounded warrior project so please, stop by and take a peek.

It's such a pretty dress. It was modeled by the lovely Mallory with the wonderful pictures taken by her Mommy, Kacey of Maddie*Kate. They generously donated their time and talent to make this charity auction happen and we couldn't have done it without their help. (Thank you!!)

Throughout the launch, Jennifer has been so supportive and gracious. It's been a pleasure working with her on this launch and I've LOVED watching all of the talented boutique designers guesting with us create so many unique and different things from a variety of Sis Boom fabrics.

We'll be launching part deux of the Sis Boom Celebration on etsy on Thursday, June 12th, if you're an etsy fan, please search ABSD Sisboom in titles and tags for even more wonderful custom accessories and clothing created from all things Sis boom.
It's custom BOUTIQUE....made by DesigningMINDS
NO fluff, NO interviews, NO ADS...JUST the Facts...the way it was intended............