Thursday, November 09, 2006

Designer Chat with Kim~Snugglebug*boutique



What is your favorite thing that you have done for the holiday season?

My current favorite is the Christmas Hello Kitty set that I have listed now! Both my girls LOVE Hello Kitty - so this outfit is a BIG hit with them! But, I’m working on a set now, made with the most awesome silk dupioni & embroidered silk taffeta (a bit of a departure for me) - and it’s quickly moving to the top of my ‘Favorites’ list!!

How long have you been sewing (on and off ebay)?

It seems like I’ve been sewing forever. I think I was about 9 when started. I’ve sewed all sorts of things throughout the years - from tailored suits for myself to home decor like pillows, curtains, & my babies’ nursery bedding. After discovering the Ebay Boutique world when my daughter Cameron was a baby, I decided to try my hand at children’s clothes. I actually started selling on Ebay about a year & a half ago, after the birth of my 2nd daughter, Claire.

How would you describe your style?

I love making ‘girlie-girl’ clothes. Lots of ruffles & full twirly skirts. And I’m an Applique NUT - just can’t get enough of working with those itsy-bitsy pieces of fabric! So there is usually some element of applique in my designs. I like making things that are eyecatching, and will make your one-of-a-kind child really stand out in a crowd!
What is the best thing anyone has said about your work?
One of my sweet customers told me “These aren’t just clothes, they’re truly Works of ART!� It makes me feel so good when someone really appreciates all the effort I put into my creations!
Thank you Kim for the feature today!
Beth
the*pink*tulip

It's custom BOUTIQUE....made by DesigningMINDS
NO fluff, NO interviews, NO ADS...JUST the Facts...the way it was intended............