Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Who inspires the way you dressed?

Very hard to believe this song is 41 years old. I was very young when Janis Joplin died, but grew up listening to Pearl. She was one of my biggest Fashion Influences in high school. Plus one of my favorite musicians. How does one release their inner Janis? I would go to estate sales buy and embellish , remake clothing worn in the 30's and 40's. Shoulder pads, suit coats. Big earrings, lace, gaudy costume jewelry, fur coats. Crushed velvet. Yeah all that. Not so much dressing just like her but being like her, making a statement. Releasing my inner Janis. (which BTW didn't come without it's drawbacks. Do creative teens ever fit in??) I never cared. I still don't...Janis was a unique individual and one of a kind!
It's custom BOUTIQUE....made by DesigningMINDS
NO fluff, NO interviews, NO ADS...JUST the Facts...the way it was intended............