Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Designer Chat with Rachel Culp


mydeepbluec....




How did you get your start?



I started sewing just for fun really..around 1985...I had a bunch of Friends
in the Music business and started making clothes for them....then for My Kids
when they were little..and it just kind of grew by word of mouth.



I had been selling some Vintage Rock T-Shirts on Ebay for a while and
decided to see if one of My Kids Overalls would sell ...they did ..and I
also started getting some emails from a really great Lady who was a designer
and She started giving Me little tips about the whole Boutique Clothing
world on Ebay..and slowly but surely I started selling..



What motivates and inspires you?



Life..People ..Rock & Roll...My Kids ..as far as designing goes, I really
like making stuff that I would wear myself..and once in a while get lucky
and somebody else seems to like it too !! :)



How did you find your niche?



I’ve always done stuff that is a little different..as I mentioned before I
am very inspired by Rock Music..and Musicians and their style..where
ANYTHING goes ..the WILDER the BETTER !!



Thank you Rachel for the interview! You ROCK!


Beth
the*pink*tulip


It's custom BOUTIQUE....made by DesigningMINDS
NO fluff, NO interviews, NO ADS...JUST the Facts...the way it was intended............